Sunday, July 16, 2006

Damn, It's Been Awhile

Sheesh, I'm really slacking, aren't I? Anyway, now that I'm no longer on the evil afternoon shift, I have more time to dicker around on the Internet. Yay me!

My laptop is still broken, so I'm sharing a desktop with Morgan. You'd think with all of the computer shit we have, he'd build me a PC of my own, but noooooooooooo, I have to share with him. Obviously the sharing thing isn't working out so well. I hope to have a new A/C cord for my laptop next weekend, then I'll be back in business.

Morgan and I have not moved yet. The dream townhouse was fabulous, but with my new car payment, Morgan was afraid we couldn't afford $755/mo rent. While he's wrong, I wanted to prove to him he's wrong. We were planning on staying put, but when the landlord decided to raise the rent, we told him to bugger off. We have to find a place to live by July 31, or we'll be living with my Mom for a few weeks. We all know I don't want that, so I'm a bit nervous about finding a place on such short notice. What makes it harder is we're so damned picky. The place has to have 2 bedrooms, central air, a basement and be withing Jackson Township/North Canton/Plain Township or Canal Fulton. Oh, and be less than $550/mo. HA, good luck to us...

Tech training began a week ago at work. It's nice to only be on the phone for 3 hours a day, in the morning, then go to lunch at noon and have tech until 5PM. Friday we tore down a Chevy 350. This week we get to start rebuilding it. Our trainer is cool, so it's not bad at all.

Last weekend was Thunder In The North. Morgan and I both raced our cars on Sunday, and I pulled a pitiful best of 16.4. Morgan actually beat me once in MoneyPit, but only by half a second. Yeah, I'm ashamed. Oh well, my car gets me everywhere I need to go, and that's all I can ask of a V6 4th Gen. Photos from the Saturday car show/gathering are at the following URL:

http://www.thepooper.net/TITN1.jpg

through TITN13.jpg. The photos are huge because I don't feel like cropping with Morgan's crappy photo program.

I went out to start TruckBird last night. He started up just fine, but there was a huge puddle of coolant under him. I pulled him out of the garage, and there was a trail of coolant from the garage to the parking spot. Turns out, there's a plastic piece called the heater control valve. When this valve breaks, coolant pours out as if the radiator busted. $15 later my car was fixed. I plan on driving TruckBird to work sometime this week, just to get him out of the garage and moving around. Besides, his seats are way more comfy than the 4th Gen's. I miss my TruckBird.

I'm going to my Mom's house today, so I should get my ass moving. I don't want to be over there all night, since I'm back on day shift (woooo!)

That is all.