Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Gear Oil

Guess who gets to fill her tranny? Won't this be a fucking riot to watch? I can't get anyone to flatbed my car to Don's, and I need to work tomorrow, so I get to fill my tranny fluid. I need a 17mm allen wrench, 80/90 weight gear oil and to find where the damned jack point is on the driver side of the car. Seriously, I love my GTI but this is getting a bit ridiculous. I now carry regular motor oil (10W30 since it's summer), gear oil, a screwdriver (my hood release), packaging tape (headlight mounts) and zip strips (grille mounts) everywhere I go just in case I need to make an emergency repair. The car uses hardly any regular oil, but you never know what may happen, so I always have at least a half quart of Castrol GTX in the hatch. At least my subs/amp are working now (thanks Morgan).

I am taking a nap then going to AutoZone. I will blog later on tonight unless I'm smushed under the front end of my car (stop laughing).

That is all.