Thursday, April 27, 2006

About Time For An Update

This is going to consist of a ton of ramblings, so bear with me. See what happens when you folks wish for an update?

I can't believe Morgan and I are parents. Even though Viktor doesn't live with us, he's still our son and we're still his birth parents. We love him just as much as if we'd kept him, maybe even more, and we still think about him/talk about him every day. He'll always be a part of our lives, and we'll always be a part of his. I'm sure our first visit on May 6th will be hard, but I'm glad for the chance to see him. I hope it's a nice day so I can take him for a walk around their neighborhood. I have tons of photos of him, with 4 in the living room, but photos just aren't enough for me. I need to see him, hold him and maybe even change his diaper again. Every day I wish we hadn't given him up, but then every day I know we made the right decision to do so. Knowing it was the right decision doesn't make it any easier, though.

I drove the red RS (Money Pit) to Wal-Mart this evening. Morgan and I went to the dragstrip on Saturday, and the car pulled a pitiful 16.9 quarter mile time. It was sure quicker than that tonight; too bad I wasn't at Dragway 42.

This weekend we're busy little bees. Saturday we're going to a swap meet in Canfield, Sunday we're going to Quaker Steak and Lube in Valley View for a 3rd Gen FBody meet up, and I think we're doing something Friday too, but I can't remember right now. Anyway, yeah, we're busy this weekend and that's fine. It's good to keep the mind occupied.

I had my first check up today with Dr. Jag. My incision is healing "beautifully" and the pain I'm having in on my right side is totally normal. I guess I have some scar tissue at my right ovary from the tubal, and there's still substantial swelling on the right side. The pain is from the scar tissue, swelling and my uterus shrinking. By my next (and last) check up on June 7 I should be back to normal. The only problem is one of my steristrips was pulled loose by my clothes. When it pulled off, it ripped the incision underneath, so I have a small area of the incision that's ripped open a little bit. The weird thing is the rip doesn't bleed, ooze or anything else. That's good, but strange. If it hasn't healed on its own in 2 weeks, I'm having a couple stitches put in to help it along. Tomorrow, I have to soak my belly until I can remove the 8 remaining strips without pulling on my skin while snatching them off. Sounds like an exciting way to spend my Thursday.

My brain stopped working about 30 minutes ago; finally, 3 hours later, the Motrin is kicking in. I am out of my prescription 600MG pills, so I had to go to Wal-Mart and buy a 100 count bottle of Motrin. I'm taking them 6 at a time, so yes, I needed the 100 count bottle.

That is all.