Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Tuesday January 28, 2003

I think my car has a cracked head! Woohoo! Why am I happy about this you ask? Allow me to briefly explain...I had a new engine put in the car in May ($3000 worth of new engine). They kept insisting the engine was supposed to run at over 200 degrees. I kept insisting that it wasn't, and finally they agreed to check the thermostat. THERE WAS NO THERMOSTAT IN THE CAR! They didn't put one in when they replaced the engine. I knew that hadn't, but they kept insisting there was at thermostat in the car. For 2 weeks I ran the car in hot temps without a thermostat. Now it's overheating, steaming and stinking of anitfreeze, all in below freezing temps. They shall have to replace the head, and give me a loaner car to boot! I'm taking it in tomorrow with a list of shit that's wrong with it, and a letter from the mechanic at work stating what he thinks is wrong with the car. You may wonder why I'm being so assy about the whole deal. Well this will be the 6th time I've had to take the car over there for shit they did wrong, or didn't do at all. They dented the hood when they replaced the engine, and tried to get out of that. I just happened to have photos of my car prior to its going to the garage, so they "fixed" that without too much bitching on my part. This is the Chrysler dealer mind you, not some private garage. Do not go to the Montrose family of auto dealerships!
Along the same lines, I asked my Mom to borrow $100 so I can get my exhaust done. I have the money, but I don't want to dip into my savings account. She said no! But then she'll loan Kieth money hundreds, or thousands, at a time. I pay her back, but Kieth doesn't. Figure that one out.

I came home from the bank just a few minutes ago, and got stuck in the driveway. So I'm parked halfway in our parking area and halfway in the rest of the driveway. I'm waiting for them to say something to me about it. I'll mention the fact that they don't shovel anything, I've fallen in the driveway and that I still have no heat in my room. That should shut them up about fast, and if not oh well.

No work until Thursday! Then I'm off the whole weekend. Once again, my new schedule kicks ass.

I'm off to go grumble about needing to take funds out of my savings account.

Byeeeeeee!