Sunday, August 21, 2005

Allow Me To Elaborate

So yeah, I was on my way home from my Mom's house last night a little after midnight. I had the TruckBird loaded down with stuff, and was buzzing right along. I thought my dash lights were getting dimmer, but then I thought it could have been cause I was kinda tired. Then my airbag light popped on, and my headlights started dimming. I pulled a U-Turn and hauled ass back to my Mom's house. I almost made it there, but the car just gave up and died about three blocks from my Mom's house. So there I am, walking to her place at 12:30AM. It was fucking creepy, and where she lives is as safe as any town in America can be in the year 2005. So I get there, wake her up and we take her car to load all of my shit so no one steals any of it while it's sitting in the bank parking lot (where I coasted to after he died.) There was about a .01% chance anyone would have messed with my car, but I didn't want to take the chance. Just for shits and giggles I decided to try and start my car. He fired right up and I sped my way to her house. I had just parked when the TruckBird died again. Today my brother ran me to Advance Auto Parts so I could buy a new alternator, and Morgan installed the part. Jeff needed to come over because the damned bracket bolt was stuck, and we couldn't get it loose. The car's fine, and he just turned 140K miles. Seriously, we paid $300 for the car in March. We knew it needed a starter when we bought the car, and that was $105. Now, 5 months later, I had to pay $75 for an alternator. Total, we paid $480 for the Birdy. I'm not going to complain. But that's what I get for running my mouth about the dead Camaro. I still trust the Birdy to take me anywhere, and I'd prefer to not ride in the Camaro at all, piece of shit that it is.

I must remember to watch Supersize Me on Showtime. We have Showtime and Showtime On Demand free for 6 months, and everyone best believe that I'll be taking advantage of the On Demand stuff. Digital cable is so fucking cool. I know I'm old when I'm fascinated by printing from the couch and pausing live TV. Recording TV is just a bonus.

Eh, guess I'll go to bed.

That is all.