Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Another Hospital Update

Heh, yes I'm still in here. I may get to go home Friday if the baby's fluid levels stay up, otherwise I'm here until he's born. Today's levels were 8.1 which is normal, and the highest they've been since I was admitted. If I do get to go home I have to stay on the couch or in bed, except for Monday, Wednesday and Friday when I return to the hospital for labwork and an ultrasound. I don't care how much I have to sit on the couch or stay in bed, at least I'll be home. I won't get too excited, though, because my doctors always have something up their sleeves.

Speaking of doctors, if one more of them tells me how freaking healthy I am, someone's getting kicked in the taint. If I'm so freaking healthy why am I still here? I know it's because of his fluid levels, but why not send me home with instructions to drink a certain amount of liquid every hour? The doctors have seen I comply with every instruction they give me, so what's the deal with keeping me in here and hooked up to an IV (it's for fluids only) when I could do the same thing at home without the needle in my arm?
On a better note, every blood screen and test they've run has been negative. I don't have mono, hepatitis or anything else they could think to check for. My liver is returning to normal, which is nice. Earlier in the week the doctors were worried about permanent liver damage, but it doesn't seem to be a worry anymore. "Lisa, you are perfectly healthy and the baby is healthy too." Gah, someone needs smacked.

I actually got to sleep last night with a minimum amount of interruptions. Every time the baby pops off the monitor, a nurse has to come in and reposition the monitor. The two nights previous he wouldn't stay on the monitor for shit. Last night I woke up to pee, and that was it. I'd get up, pee, hook myself back up to the monior and go back to sleep. It isn't like I'm getting a ton of sleep at once, though, since I have to pee every 2 hours at the most, more like every hour.

I'm beginning to ramble, so I'm going to take a nap until it's time for my blood thinner and sugar test at 10AM.

Gah, Must.Go.Home.

That is all.