Monday, June 21, 2004

Assorted Bitching

It would be nice if my high speed CD burner actually burned CD's at high speed instead of taking 8 days to burn one CD. Sometimes it will burn a complete CD in less than 2 minutes, and other times it takes 10 minutes to burn a CD. Grrrrrrr.

I'm taking the GTI to Don to have the tranny fluid checked/refilled. Don said I may have a bearing going bad and it was just catching when I heard the noise. He doesn't have time to check the tranny today, but at least I'll know if the fluid level is down. If the fluid level is OK then I'll know the tranny is going bad. Not good, not good at all. Conveniently the bar is right over by Don's place, so if my car decides to die anytime soon I'll probably be close to the mechanic. LOL I'm not sure if I should have admitted that or not.

Ah, now my CD burner starts burning at high speed. What the hell? Is this a variable rate thing, or what?

Along those same lines, how hard is it for people to make sure their songs are properly named? Honestly now, most CD programs (Windows Media Player, Real Player) have a feature that automatically detects the artist, title and track listing of whatever CD you are listening to. How hard is it to check the information, and make any corrections? People are so fucking lazy, I swear.

Speaking of lazy, I think I'll lay down until around 1PM then go have my car checked out. I didn't go to bed until 4 this morning, and Don called at 9AM so I'm a touch sleepy.

That is all.