Monday, March 07, 2005

Dammit

Where's my damned federal tax refund? I mailed that bitch the last week of January, and I'm still waiting on my refund. I tried eFiling twice but they were rejected both times because one of my employer's ID numbers was incorrect on the form. Bastards.

So yeah, Morgan and I are going to WV (Huntington) tomorrow morning and of course I have nothing taken care of yet. I need to go to the post office, pay my cell phone bill, the grocery store for road snacks and get together my "travel bag." I tend to overpack slightly any time I go on a trip. This is a "day trip" and involves us driving to WV and back home in one day (hence the name "day trip.") It's 230 miles each way, only 30 miles more than when I was driving to/from Glenville for school. What will Lisa bring with her? Oh lets see...
A change of clothes because I never know what's going to happen, toothbrush and toothpaste, two pairs of shoes (one boot and one athletic shoe,) hairbrush, sweatpants (I live in sweatpants when I travel,) a case of Snapple, something to read, the laptop and blank CD's, my digital camera and roughly 6 cases of CD's. OK, this may not seem like a big deal, but please remember one thing. We're driving down there in a Camaro. And we are picking up four 16" rims with tires that we have to get home in the Camaro, with all of my shit all ready in the car. I may be a rebel and go with just the laptop and CD's, 6 bottles of Snapple, something to read and the CD cases. That's living dangerously for me. Yeah, I overpack, but who always has whatever it may be that other people need when traveling? ME. I can just see Morgan's face when he gets in the car tomorrow morning, and is surrounded by my shit. He will not be a happy travel companion. We traveled a lot last summer, but it was mostly spontaneous things where we were out going to the mall or something, then we would wind up in Pittsburgh. He's only experienced a planned trip one time, and that's when we went to Chicago right after we got the Camaro. And that trip wasn't really planned, it was more like Morgan asking me Monday night if I wanted to go to Chicago on Tuesday night. I said yes, and there we went. So yeah, he's going to smack me tomorrow morning, it's just a matter of when.

I should probably go do stuff, or something.

That is all.