Friday, March 11, 2005

Voiceless

For some reason I've managed to partially lose my voice. I'm all croaky and weird sounding, yet I feel fine (other than being tired.) Interesting.

Morgan's work schedule may be changing, for the better. Right now he works Thursday through Monday, and has Tuesday and Wednesday off every week. He may be switching to Sunday and Monday off every week. That would be nice because he could come down on Saturday night and stay until Tuesday morning, and he'd have Sundays off. There are lots of car shows on Sundays, and a few on Mondays as well. Additionally we could go to Saturday evening stuff since he wouldn't have to work on Sunday. Would sure be nice, dammit.

I have photos from our Huntington trip but I'm too tired to post them at the moment. I saw the Mothman statue in Point Pleasant, and the site of the Silver Bridge collapse. It was a long trip, but a nice trip regardless of the length. It took us almost 12 hours exactly, but that includes all of our stops and the time it took to get the rims. Actual driving time was probably 8 hours, not including potty stops and gas stops. We only used about $30 for gas which I don't think is bad at all for a 460 mile trip. We actually spent $40 on gas, but both times we filled up we had around a half a tank left. I told him we want to get gas way before we need it, because in WV you never know where the next open gas station will be, especially after 9PM. Try to tell me the Camaro gets bad gas mileage, and I'll laugh at you. It has more balls than your Civic, too.

This week (Tuesday) we're going to Dayton to pick up the suspension and brakes for the car, and Morgan is picking up a posi rear end (free,) a black Iroc hood (free) and the 3 piece spoiler ($20) tomorrow. The rear end, hood and spoiler are in Cleveland, so his Dad is going with him to pick up the parts since a truck is needed for the rear end. Kanan is going to smack someone when Morgan asks him to switch hoods a week after they swapped the original hood for the blue Iroc hood.

OK, for my new "gaming" desktop PC...I figure I'll need to buy a P4 motherboard and a P4 chip. Everything else should be covered with Morgan's and Kanan's stashes of computer parts. Morgan has an extra P4 motherboard, but I remember him saying it was messed up or something, so I may need to buy a new one. He has the only P4 chip in his main desktop system, so I know I'll definitely need a P4 chip. I'm quite confident they have heat sinks, ram, video/audio cards, CD burners/roms and floppy drives covered. I think that's all I'll need for the system. It doesn't have to be all fancy; just enough to play NFS and GTA. I'll also need to be able to get on DSL with the computer, but I think a P4 motherboard would have an ethernet thingie built-in on the board. The nice thing is, the whole system will probably cost less than $300, with $100 of that being for the case. I'd like to get a flat screen monitor, but I'm sure I'll be told I don't need one, so there goes that idea. So yeah, that'll rock to have a desktop PC I can use in my room, instead of toting the laptop upstairs all the time.

OK, shit to do. I'll continue later.

That is all.