Friday, January 06, 2006

I Have Returned

After a slight case of death, I've returned to the blogging world. Wednesday afternoon I went to the doctor to have my blood pressure checked. Still high, but not as bad as it had been Tuesday night. The doctor thinks it's probably because of the bronchitis, but we're playing it safe anyway. That means I'm on a diet, yay me. I can have baked chicken, fish or steak, veggies, fruit and no sweets at all. No potatoes, no pop and only 4 pieces of bread a day. The upside is I'm going to have the baby early. Like end of March early. The doctor said if I make it to 37 weeks she'll be delighted, but realistically we need to prepare for the end of March/first week of April. For those of you playing along at home, my due date is April 27. Why all this talk of me delivering early? Because the baby's huge, that's why. I'm 6 months, but measuring at 7.5 months. When the obstetrician says "You're going to have a huge baby boy," you can probably count on a monster. Hopefully I'll have him via C-section which is what I've wanted all along.

As far as a name, I've chosen Morgan Cronus, but there's been no comment from the Morgan gallery. Cronus was a Greek Titan and Zeus' father. Look it up.

Our hot water heater started leaking sometime this week, and we just noticed it last night. Morgan went into the second bedroom closet, and the carpet was soaked. After establishing the fact that I didn't spill anything on the floor, he decided to investigate further. Sure enough, the hot water tank was dripping away. We called the landlord at 8:30 last night, and he didn't leave until almost midnight. I did, however, get a brand new hot water tank with an even larger capacity than the old one. Wooo!

The Birdy is pimping his new hood. The only bad thing is the big-assed cowl bump is all in my line of vision.

I locked myself out of the apartment yesterday, and had to wait over an hour for Morgan to get home from work. I rule.

Tonight we have an exciting evening of grocery shopping, drill shopping and dining out. Sounds fun, doesn't it?

I need a nap.

That is all.