Sunday, January 29, 2006

Return Of The BaronBomb?

Heh, my longtime readers will remember the BaronBomb. For those of you newbies, I'll write a brief recap of the BaronBomb legacy. I bought the BaronBomb in November of 1998, right after I totaled my Porsche. Actually my DAD bought the BaronBomb, I made the huge $115/mo car payment. When I got the Bomb, it had 74K miles and was 6 years old. Power everything, with leather interior, convertible, 5-speed and a turbo. Yes, a turbo. It was a great little car for a month or so, then my ex-husband (now deceased) poked a hole in the radiator. The Baron overheated, and never stopped. Fast forward to April of 2002 and my Dad is dying from cancer. He decided to have a new engine installed in the BaronBomb so I'd have a dependable car. Practically everything else on the car was new (including complete front end, brakes, tires, top, fuel lines, brake lines, exhaust) so he rightly assumed I'd have a great car. Heh, not so much. Montrose Chrysler in Louisville fucked my car up. $3200 later the car still overheated. 4K miles the head gasket blew. 10K miles the head gasket blew again. They replaced the lifters, about 5 thermostats, etc. My Dad died and that car was still a piece of shit. Long story short, I sued Chrysler under the Lemon Law, and WON. I felt I had no other option; I'd given those fucktards many opportunities to correct the problems, and they refused to do so. Anyway, I had the car and could drive it, but I couldn't drive it over 60MPH or it'd overheat, couldn't get stuck in traffic or it'd overheat, etc. I was working at Pro Car Auto Group by this time (summer of 2003) and was making great money. I had the 88 GTI ($1500, out of my "sued Chrysler" money,) and I also had a 98 Malibu. I drove the Malibu to work (100 miles each way) and the Baron was driven very little. I'd drive it once in a while just to get all the crap blow out of the engine, but didn't drive it a lot. OK, my birthdy is the end of September and I needed to renew the plates on the Baron. I couldn't do so; it was in my Dad's name and he was dead. I called the finance company (National City) and they said unless I paid it off that day ($713) I wouldn't be able to get plates before they expired. I quit Pro Car by that time and was a broke ass again, so I didn't have the money to pay off the car. I made my last payment September of 2003, and turned the car over to the bank November of 2003. Fast forward to this past Friday, and we have the BaronBomb quite possibly making a return. I received a letter saying I (when I say "I" I mean my Dad, but since he's dead, I have to take care of the car account) owe $713 on the car. Hello, turned it in 2.5 years ago. So I called the bank, and after a bunch of explaning and yelling they got the point. The lady I finally talked to was really nice, and told me the car is in Cleveland at a storage area. She has to track down which storage area it's in, I can pay $400 to satisfy the loan and they'll let me have the BaronBomb. Oh yes, I may get the Bomb again. As long as it'll start and it's in the same condition as when I gave it back, I'll pay the $400 and get it back. Baaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhaahahha.

I picked up my new glasses Friday, and my old frames promptly broke in a fit of jealousy.

Morgan has another Iroc hood. We drove to Mansfield yesterday to pick it up, then stopped at the junkyard on the way home. Yeah, that was fun.

Gah, I need to get to the grocery store and Target before I decide to stay home today.

That is all.