Sunday, January 23, 2005

So, So Old

I hate winter. Not just because of the snow, but mainly because of the cold. I've had arthritis since I was 4 or 5, and the last 5 years I've been getting worse and worse. Ever since I can remember, right around Christmas I would be bad enough that I'd lay on the couch and whine because it hurt so bad. Then, in 2001, I started going to an arthritis doctor. He prescribed Bextra (one a day) and it made a huge difference. I could go to the mall and walk around without hurting all night. When I lost my health insurance in 2003, my doctor pretty much told me to go fuck myself. Every winter since then has been worse. It's to the point now where I just took two baskets of clothes to the basement, and my back is killing me. I'm almost out of pain meds (Darvocet and Ultram) so I don't know what I'm going to do when they run out. I've also been without Synthroid or Zyrtec for about a year, and I've noticed a huge difference. The only doctor who didn't tell me to fuck off was my gyno, but I don't think she can prescribe pain meds, or allergy meds. Health insurance, just for 6 months, would be so nice.

On a totally different note, I'm watching football for the first time in at least a year. I was talking to Jamie a couple days ago, and he told me the Steelers are one game away from the Super Bowl. Woohoo! So I'm watching that game right now, and it's been pretty boring so far. I like hockey much more, but I'm not even going to get into that right now.

The neighbors got a new big screen TV today, so all I've heard is their fucking TV. Their stereo woke me up at 10:30 this morning. It was so loud I thought my stereo had turned on somehow, and I tried using the remote to turn it down. This is fucking ridiculous, and if he's playing Flight Simulator at 1:30 this morning, I'm going over there to bitch.

Well I hear Morgan being an idiot in the parking area (it's covered in snow) so I'm going to go.

That is all.