Monday, January 05, 2004

Wow, I feel like crap. I've had a headache since I woke up this afternoon, and it will not quit. I sincerely hope to feel better when I wake up tomorrow morning as I have to stop by the car museum, call my mechanic (he wasn't in on Saturday), run to UPS, call the local domestic violence coalition to find out about volunteering and go to the post office and the bank. None of these tasks will be completed if I feel like I did today. Ugh...

My Mom found my old Compaq laptop. It was packed away in the basement so I'm amazed it still works. I managed to rig the power cord so that the battery will charge; that's why I stopped using it. One of my "friends" tripped over it and broke the connection. I had it fixed once, but it still didn't work right. The laptop has all kinds of Knight Rider wav files on it, and some amusing photos. It's sooooooo slow, though. It was the best you could buy in 1998 and now it is a worthless PC. It's fun to play with though, and I'm definitely keeping it. I can get on the Internet via dial-up, but it's not advanced enough to support SBC/DSL. It'll be a good backup just in case the MooTop decides to die on me.

I'll stop blabbing now.