Thursday, January 29, 2004

Yeah, I haven't updated this thing in a while; too bad.

Last week I received an email from some guy in the UK claiming he wanted to buy my GTI. Back and forth we went, until I gave the guy my address and phone number so he could send me an American cashier's check via Fed Ex. It's now 3 days later, and surprise, surprise the check hasn't arrived. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, but I found a 91 VW Corrado G60 (supercharged) that would have been within my budget had that ass sent the cashier's check. Even the fact that I won't get the Corrado is OK, but the Corrado owner was going to be nice enough to sell me the car at a huge loss just because I seemed so excited about the car, and he could tell I'd really have taken care of the Corrado. People really piss me off. I was so excited about getting a Corrado G60, and I should have known better than to trust some asshat from the UK (no offense to any non-asshats from the UK). Now I have a headache...

I have a "working interview" at Cashland tomorrow morning at 10AM. I don't know what I'm going to do for a car if I get the job; I can't take my Mom's car to work if she has to be at work that day as well. I love my GTI but he needs a lot of work before I'd consider him dependable. I haven't driven anywhere in the GTI for almost a month. I'll go out and start him up every other day or so, and he runs fine, but I'm afraid to drive him anywhere. This sucks.

I'm going to watch Smits then take a nap.