Saturday, September 06, 2003

Alrighty then, I've finished with two chapters each in Human Sexuality and Intro to Psych so I'm rewarding myself with some Internet action. LOL

I went on an adventure last night to the huge town of Weston. It's a 45 minute drive to the closest Wal-Mart, but I guess it was worth it. At least I got out of the apartment for 3 hours; that was nice. I found a hot plate for $5!! To celebrate the purchase of my new hot plate, I had Kraft Green Box spaghetti last night. Seriously now, no food has ever tasted as good as that skettie tasted last night. I wouldn't say I'm homesick per se, but I am bored out of my skull. What I miss is having people close by to talk to, and having fast food/malls close by. If I meet people down here I'll be fine; until then I'm bored silly.

I really seriously need to do laundry. I'm down to my last towel and my last pair of Adidas shorts. I stepped outside briefly, and it is cool enough for jeans. Woohoo! Unless you are female you do not understand the pain in the ass that is shaving your legs in a shower with no tub. There's nowhere to prop your leg, and the fucking shower head is sooooooo high on the wall, I can't even adjust it to keep my shaving cream from washing off. These apartments are not short people friendly. I can't reach the top of the fridge, nor can I reach the top shelves in the kitchen. I know, grow some legs...

I'm currently rocking out to Fleetwood Mac's "Say You Will" CD. Talk about post-Psych decompression tunes, that CD is it. I remember when I first bought the CD I was shocked as it's so not like their previous CD's. Sure, some tracks sound like old Fleetwood Mac, but most of the tunes do not. I seriously love this CD, and I like all of their other releases, so I guess they're doing something right!

Yesterday I performed my weekly good deed. On my way to Weston I passed by a lady who's vehicle was broken down on the side of the road. I turned around, and offered to help. She had already phoned a tow truck, so she and I chatted for a few minutes. It turns out she's a Bio student at GSC, and from the looks of her she's a lot older than most students. I did get her name, but of course I forgot it. I suck.

I finally have the T1 connection, but it's not connecting for some reason. I took my laptop to the technology office last night and they checked it out for me. When it's plugged in at the tech office the T1 connection works fine, so it's not my computer or cables that are fucked up. I'm supposed to call the tech office on Monday and ask for one of the network guys so they can fix my in-room connection. Finally, I'll be able to Kazaa again, and I have a ton of photos to upload as well. I refuse to upload, or download, anything on a dial up connection. Bah!

Alright, I'm going to copy a bunch of my CD's onto my computer, then it's back to the books. I only have 40 pages each of Criminal Justice and Abnormal Psych to get through. I'm so glad I'm a fast reader!!

Later!

Six Days Left Until I Go Home For The Weekend!