Thursday, June 23, 2005

Don't Even Try

I'm so proud of myself. Remember when I won that sweatshirt on eBay and I paid with GreenZap web cash? Well the seller decided, after shipping the shirt, that she didn't trust GreenZap. So she refunded the payment, and requested I pay via cashier's check, money order or PayPal. That was June 12. I mailed a postal money order on June 15. She filed a thing through eBay saying she hadn't received payment as of today. Then she lied and said she'd never told me a money order was acceptable. Thankfully I saved the email, and I forwarded it to her. She replied with "don't take it personally, I'm just a business owner trying to collect a debt." Excuse me, but I emailed her prior to bidding to confirm she accepted GreenZap web cash. She said she did. It's not my fault she decided, after the fact, to change payment methods because she thinks GreenZap is a fraud. I replied and told her that very thing. I also told her I sell on eBay, and I know what it's like. Which is why I don't change payment methods mid-stride, and I keep track of what I tell my bidders are acceptable payment methods. It's shit like this that makes people hate eBay. I could have been an asshole and told her not to refund my GreenZap payment because I wouldn't send payment any other way. But no, I was nice and told her OK, I would send her a money order. Then she tries to say I'm a liar. Nice, huh?

The guy from the car rental place never contacted me, so I guess it's back to square one. He pissed me off anyway when I went in there Thursday. When I originally interviewed for the position, he said it'd be evenings and weekends, not on the airport and I could wear company polo shirts instead of company dress shirts. OK, cool. Thursday I stopped in to get my drug test info and he said I'd be working mostly day shift (7AM-3PM,) they were moving to the airport and I'd have to wear company dress shirts all the time. Say what? There's a huge difference between night shift (3PM-11PM) and day shift. I told him when I interviewed that nights/weekends were perfect for me because my boyfriend works nights and weekends as well. Not excatly the place I want to work.

Morgan's coworker called this morning around 10AM. Morgan gave them my cell number because that's the easiest way to get in touch with him. Mario called, and I thought it was Morgan (he has a special ringer and his picture flashes when he calls.) I was sleeping when the phone rang, so I answered it all sleepy voiced. I realized it wasn't Morgan's voice and I'm like, what happened? Is Morgan OK? Mario told me everything was fine, he was calling to find out if Morgan could come in early. I told Mario I'd call Morgan and have him go in early. Scared the fuck out of me, dammit!

OK, this is a completely useless post. Oh well.

That is all.