Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Who's An Idiot? *Raises Hand*

The GTA ground effects arrived yesterday. I didn't get home until really late, so I opened them this afternoon. I cleaned them up, then stuck them on my car to see what they'll look like. Little did I know that I'd just put them on the wrong sides of the car. I thought it looked wrong, and like I wouldn't be able to open the doors, but I figured the "5.0 Liter FI" logos would be on the rear of the car. Obviously I was wrong. I can't believe I'm posting these photos, but here they are:
Wrong 1
Wrong 2
Correct 1
Correct 2
I'm such a moron.

My fuel pump is going bad, so I can't get to work tomorrow. I am so tired of this ass luck when it comes to jobs. The job at Rent-A-Center was pretty good, but they fired me because I couldn't lift anything over 15-20 pounds, even though I'd told them that before I even interviewed for the position. I had to quit the car lot job earlier this year because the Camaro was dead for 3 days, and we didn't have the Birdy. I lost the driving instructor job because of my 4 tickets in 9 years. Now I'll lose this job because the fuel pump is going bad on the Birdy. The only good thing is our friend Jeff, with the blue 91 Z28, said he'd help us replace the fuel pump. That's going to save us at least $150, probably more. Jeff rules.

Morgan and I went to his Dad's house last night. While Morgan and SkeetDawg loaded up an Iroc hood, I took photos of the Iroc. Warning, these are hard to look at.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
And the Iroc in November of 2004:
See the difference?
That's what one winter will do to a Van Nuys paint job if it isn't garaged. It's hard to believe, from those photos, that the Iroc still has less than 26K original miles. It runs great, and the interior will be spotless, but it looks horrible. Thankfully all of the spots are just surface rust, so it'll be pretty easy to fix.

I took these two photos on the way to Morgan's Dad's house last night. They are views of Downtown Cleveland on the way in from 71N.
1
2

Must eat.

That is all.