Friday, June 03, 2005

Fucking Wal-Mart

Yeah, I just complained about the Wal-Mart on RT62 in Canton....Again. Below is the letter I sent to their "people."
Yet again, store number 5285 (Atlantic RD/Canton, OH) has managed to fall way below my expectations in customer service. This is the second problem I've had at this store in 2-3 months. On Tuesday evening, my boyfriend and I visited the Canton Wal-Mart to purchase some automotive items, a mountain bike and an MP3 player. When he and I first entered the store, we made our way over to the toy section where the mountain bikes are kept. My boyfriend decided to look at the Hot Wheels cars, and I saw a display for Star Wars Lightsabers. I picked one up, flicked it open to make sure it worked and said to my boyfriend (he was in the aisle around a corner) "Look dear, a Lightsaber." I then turned around to take the item down the aisle to show him, and an employee appeared behind me and said, "Don't play with that." Excuse me? I was sure she wasn't speaking to me, so I paused for a moment as I was slightly flabbergasted to be reprimanded at the age of 25. I then noticed the woman was standing there staring me down, and I turned around and asked her if the Lightsaber lit up; I could think of nothing else to say. She replied, "No, they do not. Don't play with it." Her attitude was totally uncalled for. First of all, how was she to know my intentions? Had I been running amok, yelling and causing a problem, I would have understood her attitude. I was not causing any type of disturbance. For all she knew I could have been inspecting an item in order to purchase it for my little brother/sister if I had a younger sibling, or my own child if I had children of my own. It seems as though this location's night cashier's/associates simply don't want to be at work. I never have problems during the day at this Wal-Mart, and I've never had any problems at any other 24 hour Wal-Mart, regardless of my time of visit. Due to the attitude of this employee, that location lost the $100 purchase of a mountain bike, and the $80 purchase of an MP3 player as well. I am fed up with the attitudes of the employees at this location. I understand the $60-$100 a week my family spent at that location won't make any difference, but if 100 people are as disgusted as I am, it will begin to make a dent in the profit of this location.

Yeah, I know, I rule. Yes, I said "running amok" in a complaint to a company. Please, it's Wal-Mart. I'll update if anything comes of my complaint.

That is all.