Monday, July 28, 2003

Ack, I was only at work for about 5 minutes today. First of all I felt like I was coming down with strep throat. Second of all, she was going to send me home anyway due to my shirt and pants. Now remember, this is a self-storage place. I had on Tommy khakis and a white Tommy tuxedo shirt, both pieces purchased from the girl section so it's not like I was dressed like a guy. She states I can't wear that shirt to work, and my pants have to be Dockers and they have to be ironed. Yes, they are brand specific. I told her if they want me to purchase a specific brand they should either furnish the pants, or give me money to buy them. I have to wear Dockers with tennis shoes, a t-shirt (they provide) and a ball cap (provided by them as well). Also, the t-shirt and pants have to be dry cleaned and ironed!!! At least the company will pay for the dry cleaning, but still it's just the whole deal that it's a fucking SELF-STORAGE PLACE!!! I don't have strep throat, but I do have a sinus infection and my thyroid is all screwed up. I am now taking an antibiotic 3 times a day, an expectorant 2 times a day and the following pills one time a day; Bextra, Synthroid and Zyrtek. Darvocet and Ultram are as needed for pain (arthritis sucks!!). I am fucking old and falling apart.

Interview tomorrow evening at 8:30 to be some guy's personal assistant. That would rock!!! I can wear sweats to work if I want, and he pays $12/hr for 25/hrs a week!!! Fucking awesome!!!

I bought the cutest phone today for my room. All of the Joe Boxer stuff is on sale at K-Mart so I broke down and paid $10 for a phone. It's hella cute; yellow with the JB smileys all over it. It even has caller ID!! I bought the new Dove face wash too. If the face products are as good as the shampoo and conditioner, I'll be addicted in no time!!!

I'm feeling better in general, and I feel as though things are changing for the better. That's a nice way to feel.

OK, gotta finish up my laundry then catch Smits on NYPD Blue!!

Byeeeeee!