Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Guess who was all excited about picking up her car today? Of course it was me. I called George's around 4PM to find out for sure the total due with tax (our tax just went from 5.25 to 6.50 and my math skills suck). I signed off on an estimate of $589.50 plus tax, which would have brought it to around $630. Fine, dandy. George then tells me the cost is so close to $900 it may as well be ($880 and change). This is fucking insane!! He never called to obtain authorization for work over the estimate, nor did he mention this the 2 times I called him. His excuse was "it needed the work". Well that's fucking fine, but at least call me first to make sure it's OK! It's not like the amount was only $10 or $15; it still wouldn't have been OK, but much easier to handle. I told him I have $630, and can have the rest in a month. I'm supposed to call him back tomorrow to find out what I can do to get my car. It's not like I don't want to pay him for the extra work, but jesus fucking christ, he could have at least given me a little heads up and made sure it was OK before just fucking doing it. Does anyone else think this is some fucking shit, or am I being unrealistic? He also said it needs more work as the calipers are shot; funny how they were fine when I asked him about them 3 FUCKING WEEKS AGO. Were they out hotrodding in my car? Apparently so as the calipers were "fine" when I took the car in there. I specifically asked him about the calipers as the back brakes were bad, and I wanted to make sure the calipers were OK. I was told all was well, and what he had quoted me was all that needed to be done in order to put the car in tip top shape. Fucking crackhead!! I was nothing but nice, thankful and polite to him even after he had my car 1.5 weeks to change the oil and install two oil sending units; why does shit like this happen to me? My $1500 car has cost me $2500 so far and the calipers are over $100 each!!! Fucking shit!!!!

The only good thing that happened today was I received soundcheck passes for 3 Queensryche shows, and meet and greet passes for Thursdays' show in Pittsburgh. Rock out!!!!

I'm still all riled up about my car. First it was Montrose and now George's. It's not like I bitched at their high prices (both places) or the fact that he takes for-fucking-ever (George). I didn't deserve this shit!!!!!