Wednesday, July 16, 2003

People who email me with questions about my eBay stuff are cool. They become uncool when they ask 3 or 4 involved questions, tell me what they're hoping the answers are, and when they receive the "right" answers they still don't buy the item. Even after I take an hour or so getting the info and taking pictures, they don't buy the item. Don't waste seller's time if you're not truly interested in the item. That is my Public Service Announcement for the day.

I finally got my GTI today. The fucking emergency brake still doesn't work, so I get to make a return trip out there tomorrow to bitch about that. I can't drive the car until I get legal plates, and I can't get legal plates until I pay the taxes and have the title printed up with my name on it. The rear calipers are bad on both sides, or at least that's what George says. I'm going to take it to T & T Tire in East Canton as they do brake work on all of my family's cars and they do good work with excellent prices. Case in point: George wants $450 for the loaded calipers with brake pads, and labor. T & T wants $425 for loaded calipers, pads, all the hardware, rotors, if I need them, and labor! Without rotors it's around $300! Woohoo!!!! My main priority is getting downtown to the title bureau so I can get plates as I'd like to drive him to the Friday car show in Akron. He ran fine the whole way home, as expected. I love foreign cars!! His radiator fan still runs after you turn him off!! As far as I know, no US cars do that because US cars suck!! Brian's Quaalude has the after shut-off radiator fan as well. I think it rocks, but then I'm paranoid about overheating cars (wonder why?).
I took the seatcovers off the GTI today; his factory seats are pretty kickass on their own. I'm sure I'll break down and install the furry moo covers from the LeBaron as they are cute and they match my personality.
The guy I bought the GTI from is a moron. Most of the fuses are the incorrect amp, and he knew there was shit on that car that needed fixed. So far here's what I've found that needs corrected:
Low beam headlights don't work; the fuse was a 20 amp instead of a 10 amp, but I'll probably need new headlights too.
The second after shut-off radiator fan fuse is missing totally.
4-5 fuses are the wrong amps.
The left half of my upper brake light doesn't work; that's the bulb.
I need to buy colored brake and turn signal lights as my brake light thingies are clear, not colored like usual.
A good vacuuming is needed.
The sunroof has a big rust hole in it. Not bad enough that it's eaten through, but it will be soon. Everytime you hit a bump with the sunroof open a shower of rust rains down.
That's all I've found so far.
An interesting tidbit about the sunroof... I called Dave Worshil's junk yard today looking for a replacement sunroof. I totally forgot about my last Golf (the 87 GL with the broken front tire thingie) that I sold to Worshil's. He had a sunroof exactly like the one I need. The guy and I got to chatting and I remembered that was my old car he was talking about!! The dude said I can come get it fo $40, but I have to remove it myself. No fucking biggie there!! I may snatch the seats as well, but the GTI seats are much better than regular Golf seats, so I probably won't. I will take a piece of plastic or tarp so he doesn't get waterlogged sitting in that nasty old junkyard. I dunno though, if he's too stripped out there it may pain me too much to operate further on him. I'm such a dork I cried when I had to junk him. Yes, I'm that much of a dork.

I almost forgot...Guess who got two VIP passes to the TON show in Cincy on August 8th? Me, me, me!!! I'm on Type O's guestlist (which means I don't have to buy a ticket either), and I get to enter the venue an hour before the doors open to plaster the place in TON posters. I also get to meet the band, take photos and do whatever else my happy ass feels like doing. It pays to be a member of the Roadrunner Records Street Team!!!!

OK, I'm off to bed. Another interview tomorrow (Wednesday) at 2PM so I have to be up by noon.

Nighty!!