Thursday, July 31, 2003

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Totally don't work at the storage place anymore. Suffice to say I got fed up with her shit, and she fired me. Well she fired me after I told her to be quiet and let me format letters the way I was used to. Then she also tried to bitch about my pants, but they are Dockers brand so that pissed her off even more. That's OK though, as Kelly Services called and they found me a job. Here's the particulars:
In Alliance, about 15 minutes from my house.
I'd be collecting on mobile home payments that are less than 10 days past due.
Hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10AM-9PM with an hour paid lunch and two 15 minute paid breaks. Friday is 8AM-7PM with the same break/lunch deal.
Dress code is jeans, t-shirts, shorts, sandals, boots, tennie shoes. Really anything as long as the "important areas" are covered. No tank tops, or belly shirts (oh darn).
Now the good part...The pay rate is $10.45 an hour to start, and after 90 days if I'm hired directly by the company, the pay rate doubles to $20.90 an hour!!!
The only bad part is I don't start until August 11th. Yuck!!

Whee me!! I also have an interview at St. Luke's Senior Care Center on Monday, August 1. I'll go to the interview as maybe they'll hire me and I can work there until my new job starts on August 11. Woohoo!

Type O Negative at the Cleveland Odeon in less than 12 hours!!! The show starts at 8PM, and I plan on being 3 sheets to the wind by 7PM. I haven't drank in a long time, and since I'm not driving, I'm getting sloshed. This will be fun.

Hall of Fame Ribs Burn-Off starts tomorrow/today (Thursday). I may go on Friday after Andrew's birthday party, if not I'll go on Saturday when Quiet Riot is playing. Hootie and the Blowfish are playing today, and some country guy is playing on Friday. Bleh.

Bah, what shoes should I wear to the concert? I'm thinking about my camo steel toed boots, but I dunno. I'm not going to be down on the floor, so I don't need that much foot protection, but I may wear them anyway. Or maybe I'll wear the logo Docs. I dunno, I'm sure I'll figure it out, though.

OK, I'm off. I have to hang up all of my laundry, and figure out my shoes for tomorrow.

Byeeeeeee!