Saturday, February 14, 2004

One more person starts bitching about the "overcommercialization of Valentine's Day" and I'm punching them. So you're expected to buy flowers/cards/candy for the person(s) you love. How does that differ from Christmas (buying gifts/sending cards), Halloween (trick or treating/buying candy) or Easter (more buying of candy)? It doesn't, that's how! Is that the trendy thing to do this year? "Lets all bitch and moan about how Valentine's Day is overcommercialized." Let me guess, next year there will be a big Valentine's Day protest all over the US, and I'll have to put up with the stupid protest because a couple of morons wanted to make a point. Please, if you feel like making a point at least have an important cause.
I don't expect anything huge for Valentine's Day, but a Happy V-Day or a smack to the head is appreciated. My present from Dr. Dork is my ticket for tonight's Henry Rollins Spoken Word performance at the Cleveland Agora. Dr. Dork doesn't want anything, so that's what he gets. In my opinion, guys who use the "overcommercialization" excuse are cheap asshats, especially if they spare no expense on shit they buy for themselves (CD's, magazines, music equipment). That goes for guys who are in relationships only, as you obviously aren't expected to buy anyone anything if you are single. Now for the flipside; women who expect huge, lavish presents. Are you going to love this person any less just because he/she didn't get you the Kay Jewelers diamand heart pendant? If so, you have serious relationship issues and need to re-evaluate your situation. You should show your love all year around, so lets stop with the bitching and moaning about Valentine's Day.

Along the same line...One more of those fucking stupid Kay Jewelers commercials and I'm going right down to their headquarters in Fairlawn and punching the ad guy. Pay attention to the gold-digging skanks in the commercials. They don't say "I Love You" until after the piece of jewelry has been presented. What's the deal with that? Besides, if I were going to be with a man simply because he bought me baubles, they'd have to be a bit more extravagant than Kay's crap. Have any of you carefully examined Kay's jewelry pieces? More often than not the piece is poorly set, and is a below average diamond. I guess what I'm saying here is, don't buy your shit at Kay's, or JB Robinson or Osterman's since they're all the same place anyway.

Alright, my little brother (OK, he's 36) is here with food. Later!