Tuesday, August 19, 2003

OK, my body needs to decide what the hell it's doing. When it's hot out I'm cold, and when it's cold out I'm hot. It's not even 60 degrees right now, and I'm sweating my ass off. I even had to jack the A/C way up. Hopefully the heating/cooling in Pioneer Village is individualy controlled according to room. If not, I have a feeling I'm going to be miserable through no fault of my roommates. It's not their fault my temperature system is all messed up.

I had an especially uneventful day today. I changed my sheets, and washed the clothes I wore this weekend. I also called around to find out prices for my move to Glenville. I have a feeling I'm going to be borrowing a friends' truck, and leaving the GTI here. I guess the worst case scenario is I can leave the GTI here, and drive it back when I come home the weekend of 9/13. All I know is I am not leaving him here the whole time I'm in WV.

I watched my TON "After Dark" video this evening, then I watched "Dirty Harry." They just don't make movies like that anymore; especially the musical score. Dirty Harry has some awesome 70's pimp music!!

I wound up calling the vet office this morning prior to going to the interview. I asked the lady how soon they were going to hire someone, and she said they still have another week of interviews to get through. I then told her I wasn't interested in the position as I was returning to school in less than two weeks. She was very nice about it, and I wished her luck in her search.

I emailed the student housing secretary to inquire about the living room furnishings, and the size of the bedrooms, in Pioneer Village. Of course she never emailed me back. The people at Glenville never return phone calls, or emails. That's the biggest complaint I have about GSC, so I guess that's not too bad. Parking is only $25 a semester, and Akron's parking is $130 yet there's still nowhere to park. Glenville always has enough spaces because so many of the students live on campus, right next to the classrooms. I'll drive when the weather is bad, but otherwise I'll walk to class. It's probably a half mile each way, but it'll be good for me. I'll probably drive every Wednesday, though, as I have class from 8AM to 9:30PM and I'll be butt tired by the time 9:30PM rolls around. Plus being alone in the woods at night scares me; too many serial killer books I guess.

Speaking of serial killers, what's up with the serial sniper in Charleston? I think that's only about an hour from GSC; finally some excitement. I'm glad this started prior to my arrival, or my dear readers may think I was up to no good. I just like reading about serial killers, and I hope to study them one day. I do not, however, hope to become one. : ) I just wanted to clear that up.

I've had this Henry Rollins quote running through my mind all damn day, so I'm going to share it with you, dear readers..."Here's a rowboat, call it a trailer, go fuck your sister." Ahhh, the rage of Hank Rollins. LOL

OK, I need to MapBlast the closest towns to Glenville that may have a mall!!

Nighty!!