Monday, August 04, 2003

Why oh why did I wake up at 6:30AM? I didn't go to sleep until 3AM, and I'm wide awake at 6:30AM? Figure that one out for me!

Tomorrow is the day; Type O in Cincy day! I'm so nervous I could puke. I have no idea what to expect, and thankfully some guy emailed me to introduce himself. Thank goodness for the kindness of strangers; maybe he can give me some insight as to what's expected of me, and what to expect, tomorrow. I know, it's just concert Lisa. Well it's not just a concert to me as this is my one chance to prove myself to the Street Team powers that be. I was a lowly loser on the eTeam and got the chance to take a stab at a Street Team task. This is big, and I'm hella excited. I can remember thinking that I'd never meet the band; that I'd never get to see them in concert. Well here it is 10-12 years later and I've met all of the guys multiple times, and now I'm helping promote them? What more could I ask for? Yes, I've been listening to TON since I was 11! I've been boring people with my TON related diatribe since 91; see it's not just you wonderful Internet folks who have to put up with me babbling on about them. : )~

I need to plan my outfit and footwear accordingly as tomorrow is going to be a long day. I plan on leaving by 11AM, and it's at least a 4 hour drive, probably closer to 5 hours with the Ohio state flower (orange road construction cones) being in full effect. Then I am driving back tomorrow as well; the hotel idea has been nixed due to my poor ass. I am renting a car though, a shitty Cavalier. This should be fun. I don't trust the LeBaron (obviously) and I'm not driving the GTI that far without knowing the road conditions in advance. I could just imagine how crippled I'd be after riding in that car for 4 hours. I've been seriously thinking about raising him at least an inch, and possibly taking him back to his original ride height. If I bought stiffer springs I'd still have that nice road feel, just my butt, and tailbone, would be spared a bit.

I start my new job one week from today, so this is good. I told the lady at the interview if I got that position I wouldn't be able to work August 5 or 6 as I was going out of town for a concert, and there was no way I was missing it. She was cool about it and that was when I first found out the job didn't begin until August 11. I figure you only live once so I'm going to stop worrying about work and shit. The only thing I want from life is to have my two Ph.D's someday. Is that too much to ask? I didn't think so.

Alrighty, I'm feeling tired again so I'm going to try that sleep thing once more.