Wednesday, August 06, 2003

OK, the show last night blew my ass. The actual performance rocked out as usual, but the rest of the experience sucked. I arrived at the venue about 5:45PM, yet I didn't get in until close to 7PM! The show started at 8PM, so I had about 10 minutes prior after getting in until the doors opened. Nice, yes? The will call woman was a cunt. Everyone from the band (Tom, Richard and the drum tech) were excellently nice. However, I didn't get to meet the band via the Street Team. I met the guys by being in the back of the venue at the right time. Wouldn't you know I didn't have my goddamn camera when I was around back! I talked with all four guys, and Johnny had on a MOPAR shirt I would have killed for. All were in jolly moods, and Pete was his normal sarcastic self. The coolest thing was when I asked Pete to chat he said he had to take a massive shit, but he would be back in 15 or 20 minutes. True to his word, he did come back. How rockin is that???? The Street Team thing is a bunch of shit. I never received my promo materials for the before and after show handouts (CD's, stickers and posters to put up in the venue), and the guestlist stuff is shit too. I could have used my $5 ticket and got right in. But instead I waited around outside because the bands' guestlist wasn't at the will call window, or at least that's what the cunt said. I think she was full of shit and just trying to ruin my evening. I'm going to try one more time at the September 13 show in Huntington, WV. I'll be in WV for school, so I may as well try the Street Team shit once more. All of the hassle was worth it though, as the boys played Anesthesia!!!! I got all emotional and shit; I even teared up. I'm a dork.

OK, I'm gonna go for now. I'll have more detail and such later on this evening.

Byeeeeee!