Thursday, March 04, 2004

Shit, I totally forgot to update about my car. Duh! Anyway, I picked him up yesterday around 4:15PM. Don called yesterday morning soooooo excited because he'd figured out the GTI riddle. Turns out the dumb asscrust who sold me the car is a complete stupid fuck. When he changed the header (yeah, the GTI has a "performance" header) he ripped the oxygen sensor out of its little cubbyhole. Well he twisted the wires all together, then twisted the wires around the swaybar. There they sat, shorting out everytime they got wet and grimy, or everytime they touched each other. So Don fixed all that up and only charged me $53.25 (he worked on my car for at least 3 hours)! I drove my GTI home and drove my Mom to the dollar store last night; he ran fine. I do believe he's fixed. Don stuck him on the scope thingie, and the engine code thingie; all is well. The coil is fine, as are all of his other operating systems. Now I need new struts, the tranny seal and a master cylinder to have a good as new GTI. I'm having the tranny seal replaced in 2 weeks, when I receive my tax refunds, and I'll probably have Don do the master cylinder too. Then all I'll need to replace are the struts, and that's going to wait for a long while. Oh well, at least he's running again and being cute and stuff. I do need to replace my driver side body trim thingie; the grey piece that runs along the door. It fell off when Don opened the door last week. Nothing a little alcohol and 3M adhesive won't fix. LOL And I need to change the plugs on Saturday as well. There's nothing quite like changing the plug wires, and not changing the plugs too (it was 5 degrees outside, come on now). Heehee!

Confirmed "upgrades" to the GTI:
Performance header/exhaust (Brospeed)
Neuspeed springs (3" lowered)
Tokico rear struts~adjustable
Neuspeed strut brace bar thing
Special cams (plural as it's a dual overhead cam engine)


I would like to get Recaro seats, new front struts (obviously), some ignition thing Dr. Dork was babbling about earlier this evening and a new paint job. Around $3500 and I'll have him just as I'd like him.

That is all.