Friday, October 08, 2004

Bye-Bye GTI PT2

More GTI photos from Tuesday:
Missing a speaker
Stereo's gone
Stickers are gone

My new car is going to be the 91 Camaro RS. I may get it tomorrow (Friday), but I seriously doubt the insurance check will show up that quickly, no matter what that assfuck claims guy says. I'm probably looking at Monday, since the bank closes at noon on Saturday, and our mail doesn't go until after 2PM. The RS is black, hardtop, no power options, air, tape player, V6 with (factory) dual exhaust (sounds really nice), red interior (car was originally red), 91K miles, automatic tranny and a pretty good body. The rear and passenger side are in really good shape. The driver side had rust all along the lower portion of the car; from the front to the back. The lady I'm buying it from fixed the rust and left the pretty pink bondo stripe the whole way down the body. When I talked to her today she said she painted the whole driver side so the bondo stripe doesn't show up anymore. That's what I was going to do until I can afford to buy a new driver side door and the two quarter panels (front and rear), so I can cross "painting the stripe" off of my to-do list. The car is filthy on the outside as this lady lives next to some type of metal factory, but that's also a good thing. All of that crud has formed a type of protective barrier on the car. Morgan said he has some degreaser stuff at work that'll take all that shit right off the car, so I'm not worried about it at all. I just need to clean the front and rear windows so I can see to drive the car home. The interior is really nice, and just needs Febrezed as the previous owner is a smoker. The dash can use a good going over with some Armor All, but the seats and stuff are in good shape with minimal stains and only one tiny little tear on the driver side seat back. Overall, for $800, it's a really nice car. It runs GREAT, has relatively new tires and brakes and the lady has an extensive maintenance history for the car as well. She bought it in 94 from the original owner, so I'll be the third owner of this 91 RS. I'm excited simply because this car won't smell like exhaust or gear oil, I'll be able to take regular bumps in the road at speed, and won't have to worry about filling my tranny with gear oil all the time. Don't get me wrong, I miss the GTI, but he did need some work to be brought to his full pimp status. I should be down on Tusc smashing rice next weekend. LOL And by the way, when Morgan and I test drove this car on Sunday, I chirped the tires going into second gear....and it's an auto. Mwaaahahahahaa And the drive tire is currently the little donut spare; not even the full size tire. Bwaaaaaahahahahaha

Dammit, my Morgan has to work all weekend (Friday-Monday, he worked today too) so I get to clean my car all by my lonesome (if I get it Friday). He did say if I get the car tomorrow (Friday), he can wash it for me after he gets off work, so that's cool. We can't do as much to this car as the 95 for upgrades to the engine or body, but we can make the 91 look like an Iroc, even though they didn't make Iroc's in 91. Heehee!

I'm going to try sleeping, but it'll be pretty hard without my Morgan pillow.

That is all.