Thursday, October 14, 2004

Dammit

OK, my luck is pretty bad when it comes to cars (ever since I bought the BaronBomb in 98). Anyway, I got the Camaro yesterday afternoon around 5PM. I then drove to Morgan's house, 60-some miles away, around 5:30PM. The car ran fine the whole way there, and the whole time we drove around Cleveland (to his Dad's, etc). On the way home this morning (4:30AM) I pulled over to fix my windshield wiper (squirter thing had popped off). That's when I noticed smoke pouring out from around the headlights. I proceed to freak out in the BP parking lot and call Morgan. He didn't answer the first time I called, so a police officer came over to see what was wrong. The second time I called Morgan he got up and answered the phone. We originally thought the rear main seal had went out, but it turns out I'm leaking tranny fluid, not oil (GTI flashback anyone?). This is an auto tranny, so the mechanic guy said one of the lines probably blew out. I'm supposed to buy a couple quarts of tranny fluid, then take it to the mechanic first thing in the morning. Since it's a Chevy Don can't work on my car anymore, so I'll take it where the lady I bought it from always took it. Blah. There's a huge fucking puddle of tranny fluid under my car, and it smells like firey ass when the car is warmed up since the fluid is getting hot and burning off. I am glad it's not the rear main seal, though, since that was going to run me around $350. The tranny line is much less expensive, so I'm happy for that. Other than that, the car runs great. LOL I'm glad Morgan likes his Sweetest Day Present. LOL Here's a photo of the leak. See where the fluid is running right down the one line, then dripping off? I'm guessing that's the bitch that busted, but then I'm definitely not a mechanic. I didn't even know where to check the oil on this damn car! Get me a VW and I know what the hell I'm doing, put me near an American car and I'm totally lost.

Here's a photo of the engine too, just because it's huge compared to the GTI's engine.

That is all.