Saturday, October 02, 2004

Don't Do That Again

Yeah, Morgan seemed to enjoy his first day at work. The first thing he got to drive was a brand new, just off the delivery truck Chevy SSR. He claims they're pretty OK; not something he'd buy as it's not his style, but he now at least has some respect for the damned thing. I still don't dig on them, so I guess I'll have to wait until I get to drive one for myself. The best part of his day, though, was smacking the bed of a brand new Silverado (around $40K's worth) into a cement pole thing. Yeah, one of the guys saw Morgan hit the pole, and his comment was "don't do that again" and "you're not driving any of the big trucks anymore". I'm glad he found a job that he'll seem to enjoy, even if his hours do kind of suck this month. I guess his schedule will change next month, and hopefully for the better. He works 5 hours on Thursday, 8 hours on Friday and Saturday, 6 hours on Sunday and 5 hours on Monday, for a total of 32 hours a week. He's off Tuesday and Wednesday. Oh well, he has benefits and all that good stuff, so that outweighs the crappy schedule, I guess. And he seems to like the job, so that's really all that matters. Now, if only I could find a job, we'd be in business. LOL

In more car news, Morgan and I were returning to his house after going to Rally's tonight (around 1AM), and we pulled up next to a newer Honda of some sort. Well, the guy drove away with his tail between his legs after Morgan BEAT HIS ASS in the Malibu. I was amused.

I guess I'll go look at cars tomorrow since I won't be going to Strongsville this weekend. There's a 96 Sunfire I want to check out, and a couple other cars as well. Yes, I'm still looking for a VW first, but there seems to be a damned shortage of the things right now. I did find a 95 Jetta that sounds promising ($1500 w/only 94K), but I need to find out which auto tranny it has before I get too excited. The fact that the car is also 2.5 hours away puts a damper on things too, but if the car has the correct auto tranny, it's totally worth the trip. I plan on making a checklist of features the car must have, and a checklist of shit to go over prior to taking the car to Don's to have him look it over (this goes for local cars obviously). Hopefully if I find something this weekend, I can get the person to hold the car for me until Tuesday, at the latest, for $100. I think $100 should let them know I'm serious about buying the car, and if I'm not, they'll make $100 for doing nothing. Either way they win, so I'm pretty sure they'll be agreeable to holding it for me.

I should probably go to bed since I have to get over to Don's before noon to clean out the GTI. Hopefully I'll still wake up at 10AM since it's almost 6AM now. Blargh.

I need a job.

That is all.