Sunday, October 03, 2004

Sir, Your Car Is Flashing

Well, I think I've found my car. A 1991 Camaro RS w/a V6 engine. The insurance is only $65 a month. If I add Morgan to the policy, just as a driver, the insurance goes up to $95 a month. If he's on the policy by himself with that car it goes to $1400 a half! Sucks to be him, I guess. The funny thing is he's never had any accidents or any other types of infractions, but I guess since he's only 22 and didn't get his license until he was 18, it makes a huge difference. It's going to suck when we live together; my insurance is going to be soooooooo high! But I guess living with the Morgan is worth high car insurance. Imagine what it'll be like with a 91 RS and an 89 Iroc on the same policy. Nice!
Anyway, the car I found sounds pretty good. Only 92K miles, black, auto, new fuel injector system and supposedly a bunch of other new parts as well (I asked to see receipts). The seller said it needs a paint job, but it runs well so that's really all that matters to me. As long as the body's not all rusted through, it sounds like a decent deal. The lady would like to get $1500 for it, but I'm sure if I waved $1300 cash at her, she'd take it. Morgan and I are going to check it out after he gets off work tomorrow (Sunday). He took the Malibu home tonight as I figured that was smarter than me wasting a 67 mile trip (each way) to run him home, then turn right around and come back here. I'm so smart. LOL


I looked at a 97 Nissan 200SX, but it's not really something I dig on. It was black, with a sunroof, and only $1200 so I guess if the Camaro is really bad I can always look at it a little better. It's not that it was ugly, just the one I looked at was dinged up here and there. I'm sure with a wash and wax it could have been much prettier, though. I also found an 80 BMW 733i for $1400. Go ahead and laugh, but that car was really, really nice. I dunno how expensive a Nissan or Bimmer would be to repair, though, so I'm afraid to venture into that unknown territory. At least I know how much VW's cost to repair, and Morgan could work on my Camaro for me if it broke down. He also said he'll do the oil changes for me, so that's cool.

Well I've waited up as late as I can; Morgan's not home yet, but I must go to bed. I'm fucking beat, so I'm going to bed. Please forgive any spelling errors as I'm really, really tired.

That is all.