Thursday, October 21, 2004

Nice Idea

OK then, we're not doing that again. LOL Went to Chicago Tuesday night after Morgan got home from school. We wound up leaving Strongsville around 1AM, and we arrived in Chicago at 7:45AM Chicago time. Just in time for rush hour traffic, woohoo! Anyway, we were on the South side of Chicago, and I knew we were in trouble when we saw a tombstone sales place that had this written on the building: Tombstones made while you wait. Oh.My.Goodness

In Chicago we saw the Sears Tower, Bulls Stadium and various other things. I saw a Filene's Basement, Bloomingdale's Home and a ton of other stores I'd have loved to stop at, but Morgan was trying to not kill other people on the road, so we thought it wise to simply get out of Chicago before someone hit the Camaro.
I saw Frank Lloyd Wright's home and studio in Oak Park, IL and a few of the homes he designed as well. Morgan bought me a Slurpee from 7-11 (woohoo!) as I seem to be obsessed with 7-11 Slurpees.

We then arrived in DeKalb, IL at Northern Illinois University to visit Mecha (Morgan's friend). We hung out there, went to Pizza Hut twice then left for home around 9PM Wednesday night. We finally got home at 8AM today (Thursday). I was stopping at every rest stop along the way to try and wake myself up, and finally had to have Morgan drive home from around Sandusky (Cedar Point). I drove from the middle of Indiana to Sandusky, OH. Not too bad, I don't think. The Camaro and I are getting along much better, as long as it doesn't rain. LOL
Some photos from our trip:

Morgan and Mecha
Morgan and Mecha (Morgan's Best David Hasselhoff Knight Rider Impression)
Cool Parking Deck in Chicago
Sears Tower

I'm going to rustle around in the fridge, then go to bed. I've slept 4 hours (9AM-1PM today) since Monday at noon. Woohoo!

I would have AudBlogged along the way but apparently my cell phone isn't any good past Toledo. Alltell's not even in Illinois and I don't think it's in Indiana either. Fucking shit.

Obviously the Maro ran fine the whole way there and back, so I'm now confident in its dependability.


That is all.